Thursday, June 23, 2011

Well, Hello There!

My, my how time flies. Talk about being out of touch recently. Every day is a whirlwind of activity. BUT, things are good, we're all happy and healthy, and that's what counts. I have so many fun pictures and videos to post from the past couple of months and need to get cracking on that. Josh is TWO and talking so much. Jake is almost FOUR and ready to take over the world with his power ranger moves.

First and foremost, happy anniversary to....


  • Me and Paul (4 years)

  • My mom and dad (33 years)

  • Paul's mom and dad (38 years)

We're all going out to dinner together on Sunday night to celebrate.


From time to time, I think back to a blog post that I authored back in January about how it was nice to have a little "down time".... I should have known I was cursing myself with what was to come. I can't remember a time in life where there was more craziness or activity going on, but I also can't remember a time that I have been more content and happy. (Well, most of the time!) For me, between work and school, I feel like I have completely been slacking on mom and wife duties. Lucky for me, Paul has stepped in as an excellent Mr. Mom and diligently takes the boys to school every day and picks them up almost every day and never complains about it. I found out that he even did a load of laundry last week so he would have some clean shorts (go Paul!). Real estate has picked up quite a bit for Paul. He had ratified contracts on 4 (I think) places in the last two months. Not gonna lie, having the commission coming in has been niiiiiiice!


Josh is now in the Preschool I room with the two year olds and Jake is still in Junior Kindergarten (3-4 year olds), going to the Pre-K (almost like kindergarten) program in the fall. One more year and he starts elementary school. Ohmygosh. Summer is upon us! We've made it to the pool once so far but "splash day" started this week at school. The boys love it. Jake's day is on Thursday and Josh's is on Friday. They have sprinklers and baby pools and the kiddos get to run around in their bathing suits and have a grand time playing in the water. The joys of being a kids.


We still deeply miss Mosley and I find myself often times smiling at our boxer magnet on the fridge or of a picture of Mosley with Jake when he was a baby. My goodness he was a good dog. Such a good dog. Bailey was in mourning for a while, too. You could tell he was lonely and bored. We briefly talked about the idea of adopting another dog but didn't proactively look into doing it. And then one day....


Last week, one of the women on my team showed me and a few folks pictures of two rescue pups (one tan and one black/brown) who were looking for a home. One of our co-workers found the two puppies by their home in Georgia when they were about 5 weeks old and were all skin and bones, had mange, had been abandonded and abused, and were terrified of people. She and her husband nursed both of them back to health and brought them up to their other home in northern VA to find good adoptive parents. For whatever reason, I impulsively wanted to bring the tan puppy home (as a "trial"... mmmhmmmm) to see how she would do with Bailey and the boys. It was love at first sight. First of all, she's a girl. I have wanted a GIRL for so long. Second, she looks like a yellow lab mut puppy and I really wanted a yellow lab as our next dog. Soooooooo, I brought her home last Friday. Bailey and the boys love her. She ADORES them. She isn't so sure of me and Paul though she has warmed up to us a lot in the last couple of days. She's a sweet playful puppy who chews on whatever she can find, but she's home to stay. Jake named her Mia after the pink power ranger :-)


Now for working on posting the pics and videos....!

No comments: