Monday, October 10, 2011

Hello, Fall!

Well hey there! I have been remiss in updating the blog lately. I have waves of guilt that come over me when I think about it and then I remember that (1) my life is pretty darn busy and (2) I don't get paid for doing this!



Exciting news in the Gunning household! I'll start with our family vacation that we just got back from -- to DISNEY WORLD! Talk about amazing. It was truly a magical experience. I treasure thinking back on the moments when the boys were giddy about seeing a Disney character or going on a new ride and Paul and I just looked at each other and sharing the biggest grins on our faces. Our week there was filled with a lot of smiles, laughs, food, fireworks, and adventures. I have a ton of pictures to post and will get working on that ASAP!


Second, and also very exciting is that we are moving! After one year of debating, one month of collecting and filling out paperwork, and two months of patiently waiting, we finally have sold our townhouse. Okay, well, I won't really sleep soundly until we sign those final papers BUT that will happen at the end of this month. As we were waiting for everything to be finalized with selling our house, Paul and I started looking at single family homes in the area. We found one that we both fell in love with and it's only a couple miles from where we are now so the boys stay at the same school and I can still go to my favorite Harris Teeter for groceries and starbucks! A picture of the new house is below. It is on a cul-de-sac so perfect for the boys to ride bikes and it has a big backyard with a creek, a fire pit, and a deck.


(Oh and the house has 4 bedrooms which helps my cause of having a little girl. Well, maybe!)


So now is the fun part -- packing and moving. Ugh. I wish it would all just magically pack itself. We got a good start on it this weekend but have a lot more to go. Last time we moved, we didn't have kids. Good lord we have accumulated a lot of stuff since then! We officially move into the new place on the 21st so less than two weeks to go! Can't wait to have more room and a basement for the boys to play in.


Last but not least, I graduated from the change management program that I was doing at Georgetown! Oh what sweet, sweet relief. For it being a 6 month graduate program, I felt like I should have walked away from it with my MBA! It was a lot of work and it was tough, but worth the time and energy. I met a great group of people and learned a lot. Our final group project passed with flying colors -- "Instilling Safety Awareness at the Maryland Transit Administration". Great experience but glad to be done. I finally have my weekends back with some assemblance of normalcy.


And now to work on organizing some pictures to share (after I pack, do laundry, answer some emails, renew my car's registration, pay some bills, etc, you know, the usual!).


Happy Fall!

No comments: